Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This picture was taken at sunrise along the black sand beach near the Jokulsarlon lagoon in Southern Iceland. The beach is nicknamed the "Diamond Beach" because of all the ice chunks that wash up on the beach after floating out from the nearby lagoon. It is an exhilarating location and quite popular with photographers but you need to be alert at all times as the incoming waves can unexpectedly knock you or your camera equipment to the ground or worse!
The biggest challenge is to be able to split your concentration from watching the waves break and recede (creating the streaks in long exposures) while not being surprised by a large wave. Some good lessons learned from my guide was to plant the tripod deep and to put one leg directly in front of me so that if an ice chunk shifted the tripod leg would deflect it from hitting me. I learned from experience that was great advice!
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor