I was driving through an area in Custer State Park known for its wildlife, but this lone tree in the golden hour light caught my eye. When I stopped to capture this landscape scene, several cars stopped behind me - presumably because they thought I was photographing an animal. I got my shot and then drove off while the line of cars remained. Even though I did enjoy the wildlife spotting, the landscape in this area was so peaceful, with the rolling hills illuminated in golden light.
This is one of the things that I love most about the Black Hills region. There are beautiful views that include magnificent geologic formations, but there are also simple and stunning views that come to life with the right light. During this trip, I was fortunate to get a few good mornings and a few good evenings. This was one of those evenings.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor