Mesa Arch - a popular location for obvious reasons. On a very early morning in Arches National Park, I woke up under the dancing stars of the night sky. With a head torch lighting my path, I ventured out to Mesa Arch full of excitement. The air was still and crisp. Thankfully, I was the first to arrive, so I had the luxury of choosing any composition I wanted. With my camera, I walked around contemplating my composition for the morning. Soon after planting my tripod, other photographers and early risers joined me at the arch to witness the sun elevate over the distant horizon, pierce the walls of Mesa Arch, and illuminate the valley floor in front of me. This particular image is focus stacked to capture sharp detail from the foreground of the arch to the distant valley walls and floor.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor