At dawn today, I began a shoot of Liberty Bell Mountain from the Washington Pass Overlook.
Though extremely tired after a couple of days chasing fall colours in Okanogan County, I could never pass this surreal, magical weather event. The Liberty Bell Group would completely disappear from view behind the cloud cover. At times, one section or another would come into view. This frame has most of The Liberty Bell Group visible.
A photographer from Portland joined me for a while, but he left due to the lengthy periods this mountain was invisible.
I was in awe to witness how the clouds danced from all directions. Other visitors were also mesmerized by the visuals.
Eventually, the wind picked up. A tack-sharp file became impossible due to stormy conditions.
A long exposure was the only way to shoot this properly.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor