This image was taken at a large sunflower farm in the state of Connecticut, USA. You would think it is easy to photograph a field of sunflowers, but doing that type of image puts you in the usual spot with a lot of other photographers doing sunflowers at sunset or sunrise. I wanted to do something different, although earlier I did shoot a field with the sun setting...there was an area in the farm that allowed people to walk through a small field of sunflowers; the macro lens seemed to be a good idea to have on the camera while walking close to the flowers (I had a tripod with me, too). Sometimes, when photographing, I never see a darn thing or feel anything, but this was one of those rare moments, when I looked at this flower and said, "yes".
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor