This image was taken at a large sunflower farm in the state of Connecticut, USA. You would think it is easy to photograph a field of sunflowers, but doing that type of image puts you in the usual spot with a lot of other photographers doing sunflowers at sunset or sunrise. I wanted to do something different, although earlier I did shoot a field with the sun setting...there was an area in the farm that allowed people to walk through a small field of sunflowers; the macro lens seemed to be a good idea to have on the camera while walking close to the flowers (I had a tripod with me, too). Sometimes, when photographing, I never see a darn thing or feel anything, but this was one of those rare moments, when I looked at this flower and said, "yes".
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor