I took this photo in the forest in my hometown of Torun. I have always liked birches - this time, I noticed that their white trunks stand out nicely against the background of the dark forest. I stood behind a bush with lovely yellow leaves to diversify the frame and emphasise the autumn season. By taking a photo with 200 mm lenses and setting a small aperture of 2.8, I blurred the foreground - thanks to this, I obtained nice golden highlights. I titled this painting "Birches bathed in gold".
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor