I took this photo in the forest in my hometown of Torun. I have always liked birches - this time, I noticed that their white trunks stand out nicely against the background of the dark forest. I stood behind a bush with lovely yellow leaves to diversify the frame and emphasise the autumn season. By taking a photo with 200 mm lenses and setting a small aperture of 2.8, I blurred the foreground - thanks to this, I obtained nice golden highlights. I titled this painting "Birches bathed in gold".
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor