This view of the famous buttes called The Mittens was taken from the road leading up to the Navajo owned hotel called, The View. I took this image and many others as the sun crossed the horizon and created a sun star on the Mitten. The area at dawn and dusk is very crowded with visitors and photographers jostling for a spot to photograph, so it is important to get there and set up early if the conditions are favorable. There are many places right outside the hotel that work well for this type of image, but you can drive down into the valley for another angle of view.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor