On October 11, 2022, I went scouting for images in the famous Mont Tremblant region with friends, searching specifically for autumn landscape scenes. This well-known and popular tourist region is a two-hour drive north of Montreal.
Having experienced colder-than-normal temperatures over the previous few days in the area, we did not know the exact foliage status.
Approaching Lac Superieur, I was fascinated by its calmness, the curves and shape of the mountains in the background and the marvellous colors. The blue sky, covered with light clouds, created a great contrast.
I always carry 2 cameras ready to fire, one with a 24 to 80 mm lens and a second body with an 80 to 300 mm (35 mm eq) lens. So at 10:18, I took a shot that was published on my LPM VIP page https://landscapephotographymagazine.com/14/10/2022/lac-superieur-quebec-canada. That picture was taken with a focal length of 56 mm. 7 minutes later, the clouds changed in the left section of the picture. Using my second body, I took the shot at 10:25 with a focal length of 114 mm. This long focal lens allowed me to compose the presence of the massive cloud in the middle of the mountains. To ensure that I would have a perfect histogram, I overexposed by 0,7 stops.
A few minutes later, those gorgeous clouds disappeared. I was very happy to be prepared to seize this precious moment without hesitation.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor