Gulmarg is called as snow queen of whole Kashmir during winter. It was during Christmas eve holiday, I visited first time there.
When I was climbing up for Station no1 using ropeway, I was hoping to witness change of landscape to snowscape especially golden hour light.
I used fast shutter speed to counter any motion blur can caused while climbing up using ropeway.
I still wonder how the texture of foreground defined by layers of snow and brilliant play of light and shadow in this image.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor