Who doesn't know this place? In case you're wondering it's the Golden Gate Bridge at the entrance to San Francisco Bay. The shot is from Fort Baker on the Marin County side.
My grandfather worked on this project as an engineer so when I visit I'm always picturing my granddad walking along somewhere on this bridge and making sure everything is done right, and yelling loudly when they weren't. That my family was a part of this Wonder has always been a source of pride for me.
This particular night the orange glow from the paint reflected on the clouds above the bridge and in the water below to bring out this surreal scene.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor