Who doesn't know this place? In case you're wondering it's the Golden Gate Bridge at the entrance to San Francisco Bay. The shot is from Fort Baker on the Marin County side.
My grandfather worked on this project as an engineer so when I visit I'm always picturing my granddad walking along somewhere on this bridge and making sure everything is done right, and yelling loudly when they weren't. That my family was a part of this Wonder has always been a source of pride for me.
This particular night the orange glow from the paint reflected on the clouds above the bridge and in the water below to bring out this surreal scene.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor