You often hear experienced photographers on the beach say, don't leave too soon. The best magic is yet to happen. And on this evening it was definitely so. The cameras these days can handle so much more low light that it becomes a joy to shoot at all hours.
I live in Bandon and have the advantage of being able to go down to the beach almost anytime that I want to. That doesn't mean that I always hit it right. Sometimes unexpected beauty occurs if you just persist. I was actually a bit disappointed in the sunset on this evening and was about to leave. Suddenly, I noticed a bit of an astonishing color reflecting in the texture of the sand. The exquisite color really caught my eye...a different shade of blue than I was accustomed to so I stuck around, and so pleased that I did! This is one of my favorite images of my beloved hometown beach of Bandon. I shot with my Canon 5D Mark III and 16-35mm F2.8L Canon lens.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor