Maligne Lake is a large picturesque lake located in Jasper National Park in Alberta, Canada. The lake is famous for its brilliant azure water and an islet by the name of Spirit Island. I visited the area in the autumn and had to ride on a boat to get to the island. It was a most enjoyable day as the weather was magnificent and the scenery was spectacular. After disembarking the boat I had to walk a short distance to reach a slightly elevated area where I could find a suitable composition to capture this image. The balance of the rocks in the foreground, the island further out and the background framed by the majestic mountains makes this an effective image for the viewer.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor