This was taken at the Scituate Reservoir, a large man-made lake in the state of RI, USA...it is a no trespassing area since the events of 9/11, with warning signs and occasional patrols by the water authority. I have been watching this area, which is along a busy road, for a long time because these rocks and their placement interested me; I only needed the right moment to jump the wall along the road since this area is sort of hidden from traffic once you are down on the rocks below...I had a friend scout the road while I climbed the wall and set up close to the shore; it didn't take me long to find the composition that worked. There wasn't a great sky with awesome color, but there was a simplicity and order about this shot; when I looked at it in PS, I decided to desaturate a little, too much color seemed to detract from the image.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor