This was taken at the Scituate Reservoir, a large man-made lake in the state of RI, USA...it is a no trespassing area since the events of 9/11, with warning signs and occasional patrols by the water authority. I have been watching this area, which is along a busy road, for a long time because these rocks and their placement interested me; I only needed the right moment to jump the wall along the road since this area is sort of hidden from traffic once you are down on the rocks below...I had a friend scout the road while I climbed the wall and set up close to the shore; it didn't take me long to find the composition that worked. There wasn't a great sky with awesome color, but there was a simplicity and order about this shot; when I looked at it in PS, I decided to desaturate a little, too much color seemed to detract from the image.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor