On a trip to Maine to photograph the falls colors of Acadia National Park, I had the opportunity to visit the iconic Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth just outside of Portland, Maine. My wife and I had visited the lighthouse the day before to look for a good spot to shoot on the next morning during sunrise.
Upon arriving at the park the next morning before sunrise, we realized that we were the first people to arrive which surprises me. I would have expected to see a lot of people here to see this beautiful preserved lighthouse.
Once I found the spot that I had scouted the evening before, I noticed the purple color in the sky of the predawn light. So, I hurried to setup my Canon 5D Mk IV with a 24-105mm lens on my Really Right Stuff tripod and began shooting. We must have been on site for almost 45 minutes before anyone else arrived on site.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor