The pass over Lapszanka, in the Spis Foothills, is one of the best places in Poland, with a view of the Tatra Mountains. It was my first visit to this place, and I was immediately enchanted. The October sun beautifully illuminated the snow-covered Tatra Mountains and the golden autumn leaves on the trees.
I took the photo using the bracketing technique, i.e. three images with exposure set to -2, 0 and +2. Then, I combined them graphically into one frame - thanks to this, I obtained a tonally balanced image. I also emphasized shadows and highlights using the dodge and burn technique.
I think the whole picture accurately reflects the beauty of this place, which I would love to return to.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor