In February 2020, I did a wonderful ski trip at the gorgeous Sun Peaks Resort in BC, Canada. Before departure, my 6 good friends told me, "Jacques, we would appreciate it if you don't carry your camera on the ski runs. It is so beautiful that we will always have to wait for you".
So, one morning, when I got off the lift at an altitude of 2040 m, I was amazed by the scenery. There was massive snow on the trees framing the distant background. The groomed run with the leading lines, the distant frozen McGillivray Lake, and the low distant clouds invited me to go ahead. I was really frustrated with not having my Olympus camera to seize this magic moment. I dropped my gloves and poles, got my cell phone out and took the shot.
Back home, I was impressed by the results. For me, it confirms that a poem's beauty does not necessarily rely on the pen's quality but on the capacity to seize the beauty. Although I enjoyed the result from my phone, I still prefer my m4/3 camera for its power.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor