In June 2015, I joined an organized photo tour in Newfoundland. One of the excursions brought us to the Trinity rocky cliffs.
Arriving at the designated spot, I was struck immediately by the beauty and details of the natural elements. This little bay caught my attention. I set up my tripod and camera with a wide-angle lens to compose the image and installed an ND filter. I envisioned a long exposure to decrease texture on the water surface, eliminate the lines created by the ocean waves and augment the impact of the clouds. Once again, I used my live time feature on my camera to perform a perfect exposure (ETTR). It took 50 seconds.
My LPM portfolio contains another long-exposure image taken during that gorgeous trip.
During the trip, I had the chance to get close to whales, icebergs, birds, and beautiful landscapes and shoot them all. I must go back.
That trip made me realize the benefits of guided photography tours. The organizers know when and where to go with no time wasted.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor