Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Living in the Northeast of Scotland with its long days and very early dawn, I mostly do dawn shoots away from home. On this occassion my son and his family had rented a cottage by lake Salajarvi, near Nastola, Finland. I stayed with them for three beautiful days when we had crisp white snow and the lake was frozen over. It was no great challenge to get up early enough to catch the dawn.
I had travelled with just a wideangle lens, so I borrowed this Tamron lens from my son. On the first day I had spotted this small island with multiple pine trees and a small cabin. I took multiple shots of it from different points on the lake, taking advantage of the deep ice on the lake that supported my weight and the fresh snow that had fallen each night. The rays from the rising sun slanted across the snowy expanses and just lit up the snow on the branches of foreground trees and lighting the trees in the background. It was a truly beautiful morning.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor