Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
A blizzard came through Denver over the weekend of March 14th and everything shut down. My wife and I like extreme weather so we bundled up by putting gators, goggles, and warm clothes on and headed out to the nearby property that used to be a golf course. I love photographing in snow storms as it gives an opportunity for isolation of subjects. Walking out there, I knew trees would be the focus but wasn't sure which one or how it would fill the frame. This tree caught my eye with its prominence and character. A long unruly branch jutting out on the left like a bad hair day. I loved it. Having my ultra-wide on and not wanting to change lenses, I got as close as I could for a 35mm shot to work and lined myself up to have the short pine tree behind the subject dead center behind the trunk. The trees on either side of the subject are further away, enhancing the atmosphere of the blizzard. On a clear day, this shot would never work with all the distractions going on in the frame. My wife stayed back a ways as she found a squirrel hunkered down in the hole of a tree and was attempting a friendship.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor