This is the isle of "La Mauve", no further than 1 km from the coast, near Plouha in Brittany, France. It's only populated by sea birds, manly cormorants and seagulls. This picture was taken in January 2022 when the sun was just rising above the horizon hence these colours. I had to raise the ISO a bit for this reasons to preserve details in the shadows. I couldn't extend the exposure much longer because of some gusts of wind and because of the 200mm. This spot is probably one of my favorite in the area: It's an ancient haven used for centuries by local sailors. The boats are still moored to tall trunks deeply stuck into the sand with their roots. It's surrounded by high cliffs (110m or so, the highest in Brittany). And moreover, there are not too many people to get there, especially in Winter.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor