When you look at the work of the impressionists & post-impressionists, you always wonder how they would have painted parts of India. The question is easily answered when you visit Spiti Valley in the fall season. The willows are glowing with Van Gogh's favorite yellow pigments - His very own yellow ochre, the cadmium & chrome yellows.
You put your camera at slow shutter speeds & slowly pan it as you shoot continuously & lo - you have the Dutch Maestros famous brush strokes paint a vivid yellow canvas through the winsome willows.
The Valley is a painter & a photographer's dream during the fall season..go paint a masterpiece.
P.S. - No Motion Blur was applied in post-processing, I used an ND8 filter to cut off light & get a slow shutter speed, as I shot in continuous mode & panned my camera slowly to the right. I am glad it came quite right in camera.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor