Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I was on a camping trip with my wife and our 4 years old son last year. We travelled in a motorhome through the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern for 3 weeks. The steep cliffs of Usedom Island are covered with a beautiful beech forest. When we stayed here at the campground my plan was to shoot this special place in the wonderful morning light - hopefully with a sense of fog and some light rays. To be mobile and reach my photo locations, I had my bicycle with me on the back of our motorhome. On the morning I took this photo I got up before sunrise to watch it rising over the Baltic Sea from the steep cliffs. It was a beutiful clear autumn morning but I felt that the light wont be ideal. When the sun was up I walked along up on the steep coast, the beech forest to my left.
When I arrived in a village where the path ended I decided to walk back through the forest. My path was against the sun. Other than expected i saw a sense of fog in front of me. I only had to walk my path searching for good compositions to shoot some light rays falling into the beech forest. I decided to shoot with one of my favourite lenses, the Nikkor 50 mm prime lens. To create a panorama I took a few image rows with that beautiful light shining onto my path. It was another year with that experience that the light in a forest is always changing and especially in fall the light can be wonderful when the sun is already standing high.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor