On a very foggy day I was out photographing. Moses, my dog and loyal companion was with me as so often before. We headed out to our favorite location. The oak wood pastry in Segersjö. It is quite near our home and fast to reach. This was important as the fog could dissolve quite fast.
I really love the exiting and mystical dimension fog gives to the landscape and I like to take pictures that have that special quality of a foggy mood.
That day the fog came in I mighty strokes. Sometimes you could not see very far and other times it would ease a bit, the condition being perfect.
I was drawn to this particular oak tree because of its interesting shape. It seemed to me as it was performing a quiet dance despite it being very old as you can understand by the limb it had lost during a recent storm. It seemed to be alive and reminded me of Treebeard, Shepherd of Fangorn Forest in J.R.R. Tolkiens “The Lord of the Rings III”.
In order to keep the photo really moody I chose a focal length of 200mm at F/2.8 and color graded it in Nik software with a dark overlay.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor