As a daughter of a flower bulb grower in the Netherlands, it is a joy for me every spring to see the many colors that arise when the bulb fields are in bloom again. The excavated dunes and sea air have exactly the right ingredients to grow flower bulbs optimally and to create one of the most colorful landscapes in the world every spring. The Bulb Region has grown into the world center of the flower bulb trade in all these years.
Every spring, millions of visitors from all over the world come to enjoy the color palette of the blooming flower fields. The world-famous Keukenhof Flower Park is popular, but there are also many nice small-scale flower attractions, such as the bulb fields in some parts of the country.
This photo was taken in the middle of the day, which I'm not usually in favor of, but I wanted to capture the bright translucent colors of the red tulips combined with the sun that you don't get up in the early morning or later the day.
The most famous flower from the region is of course the Dutch tulip. In addition to the tulip, there are many more flower varieties that are grown in the Bollenstreek. Crocuses, daffodils, hyacinths, but also summer flowers such as dahlias and callas are grown in large numbers in the Bulb Region. The flower fields lie mainly between the dunes and the cozy flower bulb villages of Lisse, Hillegom, Noordwijkerhout and Voorhout.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor