As a daughter of a flower bulb grower in the Netherlands, it is a joy for me every spring to see the many colors that arise when the bulb fields are in bloom again. The excavated dunes and sea air have exactly the right ingredients to grow flower bulbs optimally and to create one of the most colorful landscapes in the world every spring. The Bulb Region has grown into the world center of the flower bulb trade in all these years.
Every spring, millions of visitors from all over the world come to enjoy the color palette of the blooming flower fields. The world-famous Keukenhof Flower Park is popular, but there are also many nice small-scale flower attractions, such as the bulb fields in some parts of the country.
This photo was taken in the middle of the day, which I'm not usually in favor of, but I wanted to capture the bright translucent colors of the red tulips combined with the sun that you don't get up in the early morning or later the day.
The most famous flower from the region is of course the Dutch tulip. In addition to the tulip, there are many more flower varieties that are grown in the Bollenstreek. Crocuses, daffodils, hyacinths, but also summer flowers such as dahlias and callas are grown in large numbers in the Bulb Region. The flower fields lie mainly between the dunes and the cozy flower bulb villages of Lisse, Hillegom, Noordwijkerhout and Voorhout.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor