My first instinct on opening the blinds and seeing this view was just to shoot it where I stood.
However, I wanted the window box flowers in focus, and I didn't have much time. So I walked to the back of the room and zoomed in over the flowers.
By stepping back, everything is further away in your view, and then zooming in compresses the objects in the image, making them look closer together.
However this is an illusion, it is your position that is the key to this.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor