Hunting Island in South Carolina is a favorite spot of mine. I have been there several times, and hope to return several more. Nothing like being on the quiet beach at sunrise. This particular morning was a trifecta of photography. It started about 2am with the Milky Way. I had thought we might go back to the car and take a nap until sunrise. But once the Milky Way was gone, the moon started rising. So it provided yet another opportunity for compositions.
One thing that I love about this place is that you never know what you will get, and it is always different. The colors are always a surprise. Or if it is too cloudy and you have no color, then long exposure opportunities are abundant. This moonrise was followed by a nice sunrise, completing the trifecta! The landscape is different with each trip because it is changed with every storm. It may wash away some trees, or take down new ones.
I normally go out in the daytime when I first get there. Just to get a feel of everything, and pick out some favorite comps. When you get out there in the dark and at high tide, it looks very different. There are endless opportunities and you are only limited by your imagination. Truly like a kid in a candy store, only with a camera. There is more information available via the South Carolina State Parks web site, also take note of turtle nesting season and the rules.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor