Lake Crescent is a prominent feature in the northern part of Olympic National Park, is easily accessible via the Olympic Highway, and provides numerous spectacular photographic opportunities, including broad vistas and intimate landscapes.
This visit in the fall of 2021 coincided with rainy and overcast weather creating soft light, saturated colors, and vivid reflections. The lake is surrounded by Douglas fir, cedar and maples, yielding a traditional but pleasing autumn color palette. Given the still water and strong reflections, I positioned the horizon in the middle of the frame to lend balance to the composition.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor