It was a glorious summer day when I visited a sunflower farm so vast I could only see rows and rows of sunflowers deep into the horizon. Like soldiers standing at attention awaiting inspection, the sunflowers were all facing toward the east, presumably because this allows them to catch the first light of each day. Viewing this panorama made it seem as though each sunflower looked alike, and in many instances this was true. But after taking wide and long shots of this display, I yearned to capture unique images of individual sunflowers. Among the thousands of sunflowers that had blossomed to full expression, I found this one still awaiting nature's signal to open wide its petals.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor