This is the diving board of the seawater swimming pool of Saint-Quay-Portrieux, in the Côtes-d'Armor, Brittany, France. Saint-Quay is a small sea resort on the north coast of Brittany. The shot was taken just before sunrise in April 2022 at high tide.
I love to go there before summer, before the small town is packed with tourists and before the town's staff install the safety barriers that prevent people from falling on the rocks surrounding the swimming pool at low tide. The great advantage of shooting in such places is that you can park your car 2mn away from the pool, and once you're done taking pictures, you can go and have a hot coffee or chocolate in one of the nearby bars by the sea with fresh croissants.
Usually, I try to stay a few days in the area, for there are many other spots along the coastline and inland I love to visit.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor