Picture this. You're standing at the foot of Aasleagh Falls in Ireland during a moody, overcast day. The wind is whipping through your hair, and the mist from the waterfall is continuously drenching your clothes. Nevertheless, you decide to brave the elements and pull out your camera to capture the waterfall in all its glory.
The resulting picture is stunning. The water seems to cascade down the rocks into a pool of darkness below. The mossy, wet rocks glisten with the constant splash of water.
The whole scene is moody, dramatic, and a bit foreboding. Either way, Aasleagh Falls looks nothing short of spectacular in this long-exposure photo. It's like the waterfall is showing off, deliberately making you stand there in the rain so that it can look more dramatic. But hey, if you've got it, flaunt it, right?
So if you're in Ireland and feeling moody, head to Aasleagh Falls for some great photo ops. Just don't forget to pack a raincoat and some extra memory cards. You never know when the waterfall might decide to put on a show.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor