Gigapixel photography like this 966-megapixel focus-stacked stitched photo adds a great deal of complexity to obtaining a high-quality photograph. In addition to the typical landscape photography skills, one needs to study and thoroughly understand Nodal Heads and Non-Parallax points.
Careful attention to Hyperfocal Distances, f/stop and Diffraction related to a telephoto lens is essential. Focus bracketing/stacking skills need to be perfected. Knowing how to balance exposure over 100s or 1000s images to be stitched is critical. Having intimate knowledge of operating all your gear quickly and efficiently in the field is vital.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor