Series 'Ocean Trails' Feeling Humble
The Ocean Trails series was created by my fascination and admiration for nature, especially the oceans. As a sailor, I have sailed many oceans, and my respect for nature undeniably originated here. "41Blue Ocean" is a project I started a few years ago to convince people to have more respect for our oceans through my photography. 'Imagine the tears of the ocean is ' what drives me daily in this project.
This photo was taken in Nazaré, a small village in Portugal on the Atlantic coast. It is known for surfing the highest waves on the planet. Every year during the season ( October until March ), you can admire this natural wonder several times. Every few years you can experience the 'gigantes de Nazaré'. Due to the geographical location, the bottom structure of the ocean, the current and the wind, waves up to 25 - 30 m high are created. These photos were taken at such a moment.
Photographically speaking, it is always a challenge to take such photos. The gusts of wind and rain are especially challenging.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor