Canon 16-35mm f/4L
f/11, 3.2sec, ISO 100
This picture was captured in a nature park located in Lyngby, a small town close to Copenhagen. I saw this lonely tree on the small island in the lake while running nearby, and I decided that it would be a perfect subject for a sunrise picture.
It was one of the first cold autumn mornings in Denmark, with the early sunrise mist appearing around the small lakes in the region. Luckily enough, it was also a completely windless day, very unusual in this part of the world. This particular weather created perfect reflections of the sky and the tree on the surface of the lake.
The conditions were excellent; I only had to place my tripod and release the shutter. I opted for f/11 – the sharpest aperture for my lens – ISO 100 (no need to go higher when using a tripod) and a shutter speed of 3.2sec. Not many adjustments were needed in post-processing. I only had to recover some details in the sky and on the small island.
The result is one of my all-time favourite pictures. For once, I felt that I had been able to translate into a picture what I saw that morning behind the camera and the atmosphere I breathed during that cold morning.
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours