This shot is one of my favorites from the first landscape outing with my newly acquired Nikon Z6. Brighton Beach along Lake Superior is a favorite location of mine that is close to home and easy to get to quickly. I like to photograph at this location a lot in the early morning hours to watch the stars fade into the morning sun. The rocks along the shore line provide lots of compositional options. On this particular day there was barely a short glimpse of the sun luckily however before sunrise as the sky lightened up we were treated to a gorgeous color display across the quickly moving clouds. I was experimenting with the Z6 while also stacking graduated filters to darken the sky while allowing more light on the rocky shore.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor