This scenic vista overlooks the Bad Water Basin in Death Valley California. It is called Augereberry Point. It requires over the 6 mile dirt road and 4x4 is recommended. The summit is at an altitude if 6,433 feet above sea level and can be closed after winter storms. The point was named for a Basque gold miner, Pete Augereberry, who worked the area in the early 1900s. If you are fortunate, you will get a day without wind and the silence is breathtaking.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor