Catching the Fall color in the Eastern Sierras can be a daunting task as the period of color can stretch over 30 days. If you come and find the color late at the lower altitudes it is a miss.If the colors have not yet started there is still a chance for color at the higher spots. This was the situation on my visit.
I got an email from the chamber of commerce open the leaf condition saying it was peak color. Upon my arrival the peak color was weeks away and my time limited for photography. A trip to the higher Lakes was a saver and here at Lake Sabrina I was able to capture some decent color and reflections.
Tri-pod set up and shoot.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor