Catching the Fall color in the Eastern Sierras can be a daunting task as the period of color can stretch over 30 days. If you come and find the color late at the lower altitudes it is a miss.If the colors have not yet started there is still a chance for color at the higher spots. This was the situation on my visit.
I got an email from the chamber of commerce open the leaf condition saying it was peak color. Upon my arrival the peak color was weeks away and my time limited for photography. A trip to the higher Lakes was a saver and here at Lake Sabrina I was able to capture some decent color and reflections.
Tri-pod set up and shoot.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor