Wandering through the area of the Checkerboard Mesa in Zion National Park, I came across this amazing specimen of cottonwood in full fall color. It seemed to be wearing a red sandstone top hat to capture my eye. I had to climb up the incline on the opposite side of the wash to bring that hat into the frame. Then came the job of making sure that the foreground was uncluttered with rock and shrub to ensure the viewer's eye focused on the cottonwood. This was the result after moving about for what seemed like an hour.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor