October of 2021 was my second trip to the marvellous Charlevoix region with friends. We chose that time of year because the area is so spectacular in autumn. During my first trip in 2019, I had fallen in love with this location. I took a shot that was published on LPM website, see my VIP web page https://landscapephotographymagazine.com/08/05/2021/charlevoix-quebec-canada-by-jacques-geoffroy
As planned, we arrived at the St-Lawrence River shoreline 30 minutes before sunrise. The weather forecast was good. This time, I installed my tripod in the water., intending to show the coastal mountain and its reflection. For a few seconds, I thought I had glimpsed a dolphin head floating above the river. To compose and accentuate the beauty of the scene, I used my Leica wide-angle lens. I added a 10-stop ND filter to lengthen the exposure time, flattening the small waves and creating soft clouds. I love the Live Time feature on my camera: it allows me to have a perfect histogram (ETTR) each time without blowing the highlights. A fifteen second exposure did the trick.
I find it important to revisit the same locations. At each visit, the conditions are changed and I find different aspects on which to focus. As this photograph shows: “Nature is so beautiful. I have to go back to Charlevoix!”
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor