Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
October of 2021 was my second trip to the marvellous Charlevoix region with friends. We chose that time of year because the area is so spectacular in autumn. During my first trip in 2019, I had fallen in love with this location. I took a shot that was published on LPM website, see my VIP web page https://landscapephotographymagazine.com/08/05/2021/charlevoix-quebec-canada-by-jacques-geoffroy
As planned, we arrived at the St-Lawrence River shoreline 30 minutes before sunrise. The weather forecast was good. This time, I installed my tripod in the water., intending to show the coastal mountain and its reflection. For a few seconds, I thought I had glimpsed a dolphin head floating above the river. To compose and accentuate the beauty of the scene, I used my Leica wide-angle lens. I added a 10-stop ND filter to lengthen the exposure time, flattening the small waves and creating soft clouds. I love the Live Time feature on my camera: it allows me to have a perfect histogram (ETTR) each time without blowing the highlights. A fifteen second exposure did the trick.
I find it important to revisit the same locations. At each visit, the conditions are changed and I find different aspects on which to focus. As this photograph shows: “Nature is so beautiful. I have to go back to Charlevoix!”
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor