After a brief spell of snow in the south of England, which doesn't happen all to much. As the snow melted and the iced formed I went looking for some intimate patterns and textures.
This scene really capture my attention as it had texture and some lovely geometry but it was what was underneath that really got me intrigued. The iced had frozen over fallen fern that still held some autumnal colour. The contrast in colour between the ice and fern really creates a nice story as the seasons change.
I know these sorts of images aren't everyone's cup of tea but it really pushes my creativity within landscape photography.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor