After a brief spell of snow in the south of England, which doesn't happen all to much. As the snow melted and the iced formed I went looking for some intimate patterns and textures.
This scene really capture my attention as it had texture and some lovely geometry but it was what was underneath that really got me intrigued. The iced had frozen over fallen fern that still held some autumnal colour. The contrast in colour between the ice and fern really creates a nice story as the seasons change.
I know these sorts of images aren't everyone's cup of tea but it really pushes my creativity within landscape photography.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor