In our last trip to Yukon, Canada, we faced a variety of condition including a nasty snow storm for 2 days and totally clear nights for another two. This photo was captured in the first half when the storm was not so consistent and was clearing up occasionally. After that we were all locked inside our tent and had to call our chopper early to evacuate from there. These peaks were not visible most of the time even though we camped just at the base of these mountain. However, when the storm was clearing up a bit, it was creating surreal light show at night ! Negative 15C temperature, strong wind made it very difficult to shoot. But we conquered by numbers. We were three friends and since were working collaboratively, it got a bit busy. If I was alone there, sure as hell, I was not waking up in the middle of night with -15C and strong winds.... and not to mention Lumps of snow everywhere.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor