I grew up in the Rocky Mountains, so I am used to beautiful mountain scenes, but Mt. Fitzroy took my breath away. I immediately claimed it as my favourite mountain, and that is a huge honour for a mountain that is competing with ranges on every continent. I had heard the biggest obstacle to seeing Mt. Fitzroy is the omnipresent cloud cover.
When we arrived in the tiny little Patagonian village, I could see several of the tall peaks poking through the clouds, and I was glad to see even that much. As we began our hike, I stopped every few minutes to look behind me to see what the clouds were doing. To my amazement, the clouds were moving so fast that we could see them sweep by the famous peaks. Eventually, the clouds all but moved away, and I was able to snap this photo. I had heard horror stories of people coming all this way to see the majestic mountain, and returning home unrewarded. The clouds never completely cleared, but I think that they add to the photo - the mountain maintained just a tad of its anonymity.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor