Hidden in North Eastern Pennsylvania is a state park named Ricketts Glen. 21 waterfalls on an amazing 7.2 mile hike. Every turn and 1,000 feet up or down this trail there was a picture that could be taken. My favorite time to go to this park is during the fall mornings, even though throughout the year you will get many beautiful pictures whether it's snowing, fall foliage or the summer. While taken a picture or just taking a rest, you get to soak in on how peaceful it is before all the visitors flood this state park.
I have taken pictures of this waterfall many times before; I just needed the right leaf colors and water flow and this time it worked out. This hike is always challenging because it's slippery with wet rocks you are walking on. I usually wear my hiking shoes and then change into my Vasque Lotic Water Shoes when I go on the slippery rocks and in the water. With this picture I'm standing in water. I'm also using my Lee ND Graduate Filters to keep the upper part of the picture from being overexposed. The weather was perfect with overcast skies and nobody around. This park is definitely a place to check out, it won't disappoint.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor