September 2016: it was my second trip to Scotland and I had to go back to Loch Shiel. On the first trip in 2014, I had loved the location and had taken a dramatic shot of the loch from the top of the Glenfinnan monument. This shot was published on LPM website, see my VIP web page: https://landscapephotographymagazine.com/25/02/2021/loch-shiel-lochaber-district-highlands-scotland-2
For this second session two years later, I installed my tripod in the water. The coloured rocks of the lake bottom, the textures, and the water clarity all caught my attention. The leading lines created by the shorelines, the mountains, the trees, and the reflections on the water all draw the eye to the end of lake, seemingly at the infinity point. All this is contrasted with a typical Scottish sky. Together these elements amplify our perception of great depth of field. This area is also famous for the Glenfinnan viaduct also named “Harry Potter bridge” which is less than 2 kms behind me and where the much-photographed train shows up daily. I would love to go back again!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor