While visiting Pismo Beach on the Central Coast of California recently, we observed a huge area of sand dunes in the distance and decided to try and explore this area. It proved to be the Rancho Guadalupe Dunes Preserve which covers 500 acres along the coast. There is one road into the Preserve, which is a mixture of green hills, estuaries and small lakes, and endless dunes. Conditions were not ideal, with high winds. blowing sand, and fog starting to encroach. Seeking a little shelter behind one of the massive dunes produced the opportunity for this image, showing a deceptively calm scene.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor