While visiting Pismo Beach on the Central Coast of California recently, we observed a huge area of sand dunes in the distance and decided to try and explore this area. It proved to be the Rancho Guadalupe Dunes Preserve which covers 500 acres along the coast. There is one road into the Preserve, which is a mixture of green hills, estuaries and small lakes, and endless dunes. Conditions were not ideal, with high winds. blowing sand, and fog starting to encroach. Seeking a little shelter behind one of the massive dunes produced the opportunity for this image, showing a deceptively calm scene.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor