Because the region had received fresh snow overnight, I knew I had to go snowshoeing with my cam-era at Mt Ouareau in St-Donat-de-Montcalm region. The forest snow surface was untouched, and I would be able to hunt for shapes, curves, shadows, textures, and patterns. Conditions would be per-fect. Passing through this location, I found a lonely tree with is shadow. It was surrounded by numer-ous lines created by tree shadows. It caught my attention. The snow’s texture, its purity and the ice crystals floating on that magic carpet also fascinated me. For those conditions, I had learned the im-portance of exposure to the right (ETTR). The many aspects of snow define for me the beauty of win-ter. Each time there is a predicted snowfall, I plan a snowshoe trek.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor