Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The first hard frost of the season plucks all of the leaves from this Ginko tree in a day. The Ginko tree is an ancient tree, a living fossil, its biological systems unchanged from it's origins some 245 million years ago. It was once thought to be extinct until the late 19th century. Until then the only evidence of its existence was a fossil record. Rediscovered in a Chinese monastery it's seeds were collected and reestablished in the wider world.
The day I created this image was very calm, which made the conditions ideal for a focus stacked image, in which each image needs to be identical and any moving elements in the photograph will be ruined. I used a 105mm macro lens at f16, and a tripod to capture the best detail of this clump of leaves. One of the great things about intimate landscape photography is you don't necessarily have to travel far, and creative possibilities surround you even just outside your own back door.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor