This shot of the Laurentian mountains is from the summit of Mont Kaaikop, an hour and a half drive north of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. This is the first week of October and the peak of autumn colour season. I loved the saturated foliage and the layers of curves created by the consecutive peaks leading to the ski runs at Mount Tremblant (upper right) 50 km away.
The viewpoint was reached by a 6 km hiking trail with an ascent of 350 meters. The photograph was taken in mid afternoon with the massive clouds acting as a big softbox.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor