This photograph was taken along a creek near Lachute, Quebec, Canada. The challenge here was to integrate a portion of the surrounding environment to the setting of the waterfall. I was drawn to the little branches, green leaves, and the texture of the earth facing the falls. I took three shots and used focus stacking to increase depth of field. A touch of flash brightens up the foreground. Looking at this photograph, I hear the sounds of the falls and it reminds me that we, as photographers, benefit from taking our time to bring our vision and emotion into our compositions.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor