A few years ago, I wanted to catch the end of daylight, so I set off to the Park du Bout de l'Ile. This is just a 16 minutes drive from my home and near the East end of the island of Montreal. Walking in the park, I saw the beautiful white tree with its reflection in the water. I knew the sunset at my back would color the trees and bushes on the other side of the river with a golden light.
I set up my tripod on the shoreline. I was pleased with the composition of all elements in the image. To amplify the reflections, smooth any wind ripples on the water surface and accentuate the cloud texture, I fitted my 10-stop ND filter and opted for a 20-second exposure. As always, I used my Live time feature on my camera to give me a perfect histogram (ETTR). To frame the image, I used a 204mm focal length.
As always, I enjoy long exposures; the pause allows the loveliness and quiet to sink in.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor